Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

A big thanks to Caroline Press at Trillium Design for inviting me to join the Around the World blog hop!  Caroline is the secretary for the Corvallis Modern Quilt Guild.  I get to hang out with her one Saturday each month sewing at our monthly sew day and one Friday night each month at our meetings. Her quilts are absolutely stunning, and she also knits....and works....and has two kids at home.  And if you like paper piecing, she has some really awesome patterns!  Just go to her blog for the links, or go to her Craftsy website.  

OK, let's get on with the questions!   

1)  What am I working on?
The answer to that would actually be another question.....what am I NOT working on? I have some issues with finishing projects.  I just get too excited about a project so I start it without finishing the one I'm working on. Sometimes I work on both of them....or all five of them at the same time.  Sometimes something comes up....like a birthday, and I need to stop what I'm doing and make a birthday quilt.  Or someone has a baby, so I have to stop and make a baby quilt.  You get the picture.  I'm trying to stay current, and focused, so I've recently been working on Halloween/autumn projects.  I finished this cute little pillow over the weekend.  The pattern is by Nicole at Modern Handcraft.  
and here's a little table runner for my entry table, something I found in a pile in my sewing room.....I started it last year.  Ha ha! 
and I'm also still working on my Aviatrix Medallion, pattern by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh Fransson!  I think I just have two borders left and then I'll be done with the top.  I wonder if it'll ever get quilted. It's huge - 80x80.  

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I think this is a very interesting question because I don't think I really have a "style." Well, at least I don't think I do.  However, when I showed the CMQG a pattern that I bought recently, Caroline said "That looks like something you'd make."  Not sure what that means, but I'll take it because it was a really cute pattern - Breeze Blossoms Quilt by Violet Craft. I just see something I want to make and I make it....or at least start to make it ...or dream about making it :) 

3. Why do I write/create what I do? 
I have always been a maker of some sort - crocheting, knitting, cross-stitching, sewing, and now quilting. I just love to create something with my two hands. I started quilting after seeing all of the quilts displayed at the cancer center where I was having my radiation treatments in 2007. I had always thought that I'd like to quilt some day, so I just decided to start.  I've never been much of a writer, but I was inspired by all the other quilting bloggers and I wanted to start keeping track of my quilting journey. When I mentioned this to my dude, who happens to be a very experienced writer, he encouraged me to just do it, and that was almost three years ago! 

4. How does my writing/creating process work?
Process?  Ummm.....am I supposed to have a process? Maybe that's why I can't seem to finish anything! 

Well, that's it for my turn in the Around the World blog hop. This blog hop has been going on for months, so I'm just going to add some links of some of my online friends whose blogs I'm sure you'll enjoy.  
Kevin the Quilter
Kelli at Seriously..I think it needs stitches
Jamie at Busy Bee Quilts
Cath at Wombat Quilts
Nicole at Mama Love Quilts
Allison Sews
The list could go on and on and on, but I'm going to stop there.  Take a few minutes out of your day and check out these very inspiring bloggers! 



3 comments:

  1. The skeleton pillow is adorable! My kids and I were just saying we need some new pillows for Halloween so I'm putting that on the to-do list!

    Have you bought the Violet Craft pattern yet? I really LOVE it and I see the twin has 12 blocks. Is that the size you are going to make?

    You have become an amazing quilter in just a few years!!!!!! I am inspired by so much that you make. Your medallion quilt is just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been great getting to know people through this, and I feel I know you better now too! I love all of your current projects! You are a very talented quilter and writer I might add!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kevin! It's been great getting to know you through your blog as well :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!