Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gettin' my SEWjo on

I decided to join Kim over at My Go-Go Life for SEWjo Saturday.  I think we all know how many projects I've started but haven't finished (I'm workin' on that). Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint so I started yet another one.  I wanted one that I could just finish in a very short amount of time....like today! And let's face it, the Mini Swoon by Thimbleblossoms that I started recently is not a quick pattern like I thought it was going to be.  Look at all the pieces! 
So....I switched gears and cut into my Joel Dewberry stash of Notting Hill fat eighths that I bought from Winter Creek Cloth sometime last year.  I flipped through Quilting Happiness because I remembered a little project in there that I wanted to make.  These little churn dash blocks. Just too dang cute! 


I was able to sew these two blocks fairly quickly today.  I made a promise to myself that I would sew one block at a time, quilt it, and bind it and be done with it before I started the next.  Ummmmm.....yeah, that didn't work.  I pieced one, LOVED it, and then wanted to start another.  I'm afraid that if I don't stop and just finish these two that I might end up making enough to make a quilt, and that's not what I want to do.  These two blocks, along with others, will be hung around the house, maybe all in one place, maybe not. They're only 6.5 x 6.5 inches! So cute and so easy! 


10 comments:

  1. Love the projects you are working on - fresh and happy and unfinished just like so many of my own!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been afraid of starting the Swoon...I want to and then...SQUIRREL! The churn dash blocks are so adorable! Thank you so much for linking up to SEWjo Saturday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those churn dash blocks are so cute! I just bought the mini swoon last week and was thinking it would be quick too. Once I read the instructions though I wasn't prepared for all the work so moved on to the mini Dwell. :)
    The little pieces are adorable though I can't wait to see them sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plan! Those little churn dash mini quilts will look fantastic on the wall somewhere. I personally have no problem justifying the starting of yet another project. After a while the older projects seem new again. But still unfinished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I feel your pain, I do the exact same thing...start a ton of projects and don't finish them! LOL Your churn dash blocks certainly are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've SEEN all your projects, so I know what you're talking about. I think I may need to be a little bit more like you. Once I start a quilting project, I get blinders on, and must keep going until I'm finished. I think a little bit of "squirrel" might be a good thing. :)

    I love those cute blocks!! They are going to look great hanging up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are sooo cute! What a great idea to decorate with them. The swoon is definitely not a quickie, sooo many pieces, I can only imagine with the mini. I want to do just one block for a wall hanging(the big one).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cute little project! Kudos to you for committing to finishing it! Most quilters could probably use your mojo. I know I could:). I just finished up my Pantone project and started a new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both projects looks pretty. Good luck with finishing them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved the swoon block, and the mini one is so cute! I really must make one someday. Those churn dashes are great! Super bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!