Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hexie Fun

Have you see this Fiskar's Hexagon Paper Punch? It makes the perfect 1" hexies (1" measured from point to point down each side) This is making my hexie cutting so much easier and so much more fun!! I got it at Joann's and it was 40% off! Woot! Oh, and I must thank Caroline at Trillium Design for the tip!
I'm still making lots of hexies with my Hideaway fabric and just found another online source for ordering more - Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I got a little of each of the ones they had available. This is going to be such a fun quilt when I get it all put together.....one of these years.  Don't you just love the little birds and acorns and flowers? 
Did you get your newsletter from Winter Creek Cloth last week? Every time I get mine, I just want to buy one of everything! I'm really liking the Modern Solids by Jason Yenter! You may have noticed that they're giving away some Halloween fabric, and the winner gets to choose between two different lines - The Boo Crew by Sweetwater or Not So Spooky Halloween by Jennifer Heynen.  All you need to do is reply to their newsletter with the word QUILTS in the subject line.  If you don't get their newsletter, go ahead and sign up now, and send them an email with NEWSLETTER QUILTS in the subject line. 

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I may never order 1" hexies again! That is the perfect tool for me! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Breakthrough! Tell me, how easy (or hard) is it to operate? Esp for those of us that have pained hands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at little stacks of hexies! :) They are so sweet in that fabric! Wow, you were up early this morning, hexying and blogging before work! Look at you go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, THAT should make it easier!! Tell me, do they also make a little tool to sew them all together? ;)

    Can't wait to see the finished product...in about...8 years? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg.. I gotta go buy me one of those punches. Boy that's gonna sell like hot cakes. Thanks for the info on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!