Thursday, September 12, 2013

Favorite Quilting Apps

Do you have any favorite quilting apps?  I recently switched from an iPhone to a Droid and was afraid that I might not be able to use my favorite quilting app - Robert Kaufman Quilting Calculator. I can't tell you how many times I've used this! And my international friends will be happy to know that it can be switched to metric!
Another favorite is the Joann's app. You can view the weekly ad, search for locations, or most importantly, view all available coupons! WHAT? That's right, just show your app to the cashier, and they can scan it! And you can use these in addition to the ones that you receive in the mail! 
If you have any favorite quilting apps that you'd like to share, I'd love to know about them! 

5 comments:

  1. ohh I didn't know about the coupon things and I have android....Well know what I'm doing later today...time to download. Thank you. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new one just came out by Julie@ www.627handworks.com. It is a Bee and Swap organizer and works for all your projects and fabric too! I use these two all the time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Jo-Ann's app, and use it all the time--it's so cool not to have to worry about carrying coupons around or forgetting them. And there is ALWAYS a 40% off coupon to use!

    I'm gonna download the calculator app THIS SECOND!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at the amazing quilts on the Quilt Index from Michigan State University. They are trying to catalog as many old and new quilts as they can, and the antique ones are really fun to see. Some of them look very modern.

    I also really like Quilt Shops when I travel, so I can find local shops to visit.

    But my favorite might be Fabric Stash! You can take photos of your fabrics, sort them by color or design, and carry it with you. OK, the fabric lover in me likes that, but you can also use it while shopping to save ideas, etc. Lots of fun.

    Happy sewing, and have fun punching out those hexagon papers!

    - Mary, The Curious Quilter
    http://www.thecuriousquilter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so I am really bummed because I have a blackberry and do not have ANY cool apps at all. In fact the only reason I am on instagram is because my hubs has an iphone. The day I am able to upgrade I am definitely leaving my BB behind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!