Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's My Birthday Month!

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's August 1st! That means it's the start of my birthday month! Woo hoo! For those of you who know me, you know what I'm talking about. For those of you who don't know me, let me tell you about my birthday month :) I spend every day in August celebrating in some way, even if it's just in spirit (but usually it's more than that).....just celebrating that I've made it to another birthday. August is also a big month for me because 6 years ago I was diagnosed with head and neck cancer, but I am cancer-free now!  These two things make every day (not just in August) worth celebrating! 

Because August is such a big month for me, I'll be having a giveaway soon. More details to come on that, but I can give you a little hint.  It'll have something to do with Winter Creek Cloth.  :)   

And speaking of Winter Creek Cloth, if you're signed up for their newsletter, you'll see some big news coming out in the next issue - I believe that comes out today! They'll be participating in a FabShopHop. So go to their website and sign up for the newsletter if you haven't already! You can also like their Facebook page for more information. I'll be posting more about it here and also on my Facebook page

You may remember my post last month about my charm pack of Baby Jane (Eric & Julie Comstock for Moda).  It was going to be a wall hanging, but I couldn't stop.  Here's a sneak peek at my progress. 
I absolutely love this fabric! The print on the right with the red flowers is going to be the backing fabric for sure!  It's my favorite of all of them! 

Hope you're all having a wonderful first day of August! Let's celebrate together, shall we? It's a tradition in my little family that when someone tells you happy birthday, you say "happy birthday" right back at them because we should all celebrate together :) 

Stay tuned for my birthday celebration giveaway! 

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your birthday month, and your cancer-free status! Something to celebrate each and every day! From a fellow cancer-survivor just up the road ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Congratulations to you, too! Celebrate!!!

      Delete
  2. I really love the way this quilt looks! It is truly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Month and congratulations on celebrateing 6 years cancer free. I currently have breast cancer and have had one surgery and now faceing another. I cannot wait to be 6 years cancer free....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a happy birthday to you! I'm so sorry that you're going through this right now, but just know that positive thoughts and good wishes are coming your way :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I'm so glad you're here, makin' quilts and growin' old with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      That's my Dude!
      I'm definitely growin' old with you! You can count on it! <3

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's been great so far :)

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday month! Mine is on the 10th so it's my birthday month too!! Let's celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, happy birthday month to you, too! Mine is also on the 10th! Yes, let's celebrate!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Month :-) love your Baby Jane quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy Birthday right back at ya! :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. And for the record...I would give you a whole birthday year! A month isn't even enough to celebrate you :)

      Delete
    2. Happy Birthday! You are so sweet, Karen! I would give you a whole birthday year, too! Can't wait to celebrate with lunch and spend some time with you :)

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday Month, Lisa! We're celebrating right along with you! :)

    I love that quilt--so glad I got to see it in person! And, it was too cool to stop with a wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!!! I love the 'fresh' look and feel of your quilt... it is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HappyBirthday Lisa!!!! Have a FABulous month :-) I love that quilt you're working on, the fabrics are so fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilt start. Happy Birthday month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the quilt start. Happy Birthday month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday month! It's my birthday month, too!! When's your birthday? Mine is the 3rd. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!