Sunday, June 2, 2013

Quilt Market Swag? For Me?

You may remember from my last post that I recently took a trip to South Carolina to surprise my mom for Mother's Day. What I didn't mention is that I was offered the opportunity to help out Beth at EvaPaige Quilt Designs at Quilt Market in Portland, and to finally also meet Kelli of Seriously..I think it needs stitches during the same week of my vacation. I tried....and tried....and tried to rearrange my flights to make it work. My husband was so supportive, even cheering me on and trying to think of ways for this to work. It didn't. Yes, I was sad. BUT I was going back to SC to see my mom....for Mother's Day...and my sisters! I tried not to think about it too much, especially when I finally saw my mom & sisters :) Here we are just goofing off and having fun.  That's me on the right. 
While there, I visited my favorite quilt shop in Summerville, SC - People Places & Quilts. I absolutely love that place, and Diane (the owner) is just amazing. The first time I visited her shop, she actually took the time to show me how to hand applique because the thought of it terrified me. They have these awesome rocking chairs out front. I made my little sister take a bunch of pictures of me, but I'll just make you look at one of them :) Ummmm.....I just noticed that I have polka dots in this picture AND the one above. Yes, I like polka dots. 
While in SC, I couldn't help myself and kept looking at all the posts from everyone at Quilt Market. Oh my goodness! Everyone was there! Tula Pink, Amanda Herring (The Quilted Fish), Angela Walters, just to name a few. I'll admit that I had a little pity party. On my last day of vacation, I ended up with a sore throat and earache, and then got on the plane, which made it worse, and that was the beginning of a very long battle to get well. I'm on the other side of it, but it got me pretty good and I was down, missing almost a week of work when I returned. Blah! 

Anyway, earlier this week when I was still recovering from all of that, I received a package in the mail from Kelli. Even though we haven't met in person, we email almost every single day, and I truly consider her a good friend. She felt bad that I wasn't able to make it to Portland. Heck! She came all the way from California! And Beth came all the way from Massachusetts!  What was in the package from Kelli was AMAZING! 
 My husband said "Open it up...I bet it's autographed."
Sweet!!! I've already emailed Tula Pink to thank her for the autograph. She remembered Kelli and my sad story about how I couldn't make it to Quilt Market. Ha ha! Kelli also sent a Riley Blake Gingham Style Jelly Roll (you absolutely have to click on this Riley Blake link to see the Gingham Style video!) I'm so flippin' excited about this jelly roll! 
Kelli also sent along one of Beth's Quilting Hottie buttons, so now I'm officially a Quilting Hottie :) Woot! 
Oh and a pincushion ring, which will come in quite handy when I'm sitting on the couch sewing my hexies! 
She also picked up some pretzels for me from the Henry Glass booth. I took a pic of them, but it didn't come out very well and.....well, they're pretzels in a clear cellophane bag. We all know what that looks like. Oh, and with Henry Alexander's info on the front :) How did Kelli know that I liked pretzels? The only snack I love more is Chili Cheese Fritos! Guess they didn't have any of those. 

Can you imagine how excited I was to get this package??? I don't know how I'll ever top this! If you haven't visited Kelli's blog, check it out Seriously..it looks like it needs stitches. And also check out Beth's blog Quilting Hottie Haven - The Blog of EvaPaige Quilt Designs.






7 comments:

  1. There it is!! It made it to you safely..Yay!! I'm glad you're finally starting to feel better. I was worried about your for a while. How fun to have a fave quilt shop in SC! I'm glad you got to have a good visit with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise package. The pincushion ring is too cute. I hate that you missed the Quilt Market, but so glad you got to come back to SC to visit us :)
    DeRae

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful surprise! That autographed book is too cool! Hopefully you can make it there next time. Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww....how sweet!! Love the little comfort package that you got! :)
    And I'm glad to hear you're finally on the other side of that illness!

    I just watched that video--hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm completely disgusted that you did not try harder to photograph the pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the photo of you with your Mum and sisters! Such thoughtful gifts from Kelli and Beth. I'm glad you're feeling better - pretzels just don't taste the same when you're unwell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome that she sent you such a wonderful gift. Glad you had fun in SC and are feeling better now. There are lots more quilt markets! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!