Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day Quilt

I don't get to see my mom very often since she lives in South Carolina. We try to make it home every 12-18 months, and were last there for Thanksgiving 2011. I thought it would be nice to be there for Mother's Day one of these years since I hadn't been with her on Mother's Day since the year I left home....in 1983.  So...we surprised her for Mother's Day! The humidity in SC is way too high in May for this Oregon girl, but I did it for my mom :) 

This quilt is made with Timber by Jessica Levitt for Windham Fabrics. I've been holding onto this fabric for a long time because I knew that I would make something beautiful out of it someday. And I did just that. For my mom.

I know I took a TON of pics, so just sit back and enjoy! 

First I took a few pics of the quilt before we left for our trip. 

I told my mom that she needed to do a bit of posing with her quilt. This lady takes her posing seriously :) 




Isn't she adorable? She absolutely loved her quilt. She didn't want anything to touch it or get it dirty. I told her that I wanted her to love this quilt and use it every single day even with her big slobbery dog, Bluto (he pretty much soaks whatever he licks). In my opinion, quilts are made to be used, to provide comfort and love. And that's exactly why I made it for her. 






11 comments:

  1. The quilt for your Mom is wonderful. I love everything about it, and I bet your Mom does, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful quilt for your wonderful Mom. But I am also smitten with that rocking chair in the first few photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Lisa! I love the back as well as the front - what a great fabric line (I've not seen it before!) and fantastic choice of quilt pattern. Yes - your mum is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous quilt!! It must have been hard for you to hang on to that so quietly! :)
    Also, did it need it's own suitcase for the trip? ;)

    I bet your mom was thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post! I love all the varied photos of the quilt and the ones with your mom posing. Lucky mom, lucky daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, it turned out so great! The fabrics are gorgeous and I love how you quilted it, and the photos are so artsy and cool. I love the one of it rolled up in your rocking chair! And the ones of it with your mom too, esp the last one. She's so cute with it. What a priceless gift you gave her not only the quilt but your visit for Mother's Day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, she is adorable. Your quilt is amazing! What great colors and fabrics. Great photos, too. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you got to spend Mother's Day with your Mom. She is adorable and so is the quilt you made her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet -- I can totally see the relation! Glad you had a good trip (til the end, that is!) and see you at Sew Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How flipping cute is she? I love that you want the dog to slobber on it. I always tell people when I give them baby quilts "This is to be used. This is to be pooped on and thrown up on. This is NOT to be put away to be saved for posterity." I think most of them have complied because I can be a little bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! The quilt is beautiful, Lisa and your mom has done a great job modeling it.
    The chair is perfect for quilt display. If you ever want to get it off your hands, let me know;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!