Monday, April 15, 2013

Riley Blake Block of the Month and FABRIC!

I'm LOVING the fabrics I'm using from The Quilted Fish, and I think this might be my favorite block so far. 
Seriously.....this picture doesn't do it justice. I think I need a new camera. I've been using my iPhone camera, but I think I'm ready to move up into the real world of cameras. Hint Hint  :)  This fabric is just so bright and fun! 

We had our Corvallis Modern Quilt Guild meeting on Saturday, and my favorite fabric person - Dana from Winter Creek Cloth - brought my online purchase. I wanted to make sure that I had all the fabric I needed to finish my Sugar Block Club quilt, so I bought enough for the backing, the sashing, and the binding.  is this stuff beautiful or what??? I'll be using the stripe for the binding, the pink for the sashing, and the bright flowery fabric for the backing. I can't wait to see this quilt finished! I'm learning so many new techniques, especially paper piecing. Although I've had a little frustration, I have to keep reminding myself that it's something new and I can't always expect to do it right the first time! Right? 
I also just placed an order for the remainder of The Quilted Fish fabric from Winter Creek Cloth, so I know I'll have what I need to finish that quilt, too! 

If you haven't checked out Winter Creek Cloth's website, you should! Great fabrics, great sale prices, and excellent customer service! And her domestic shipping is only $5!!! Oh, and make sure you sign up for her newsletters to be informed of her specials, new arrivals, and giveaways! Oh....one more thing! She's also on Facebook....she's everywhere! 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome fabrics!! And I love the square! :)
    Lisa, I followed some instructions to fix my comment-reply status if you wanna give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a striped binding (that and polka dots are my favourite!). So, I'm another block behind in the Riley Blake BOM. I'll have to get my skates on and get caught up for May. I don't fancy doing all the blocks in the final month. I like this month's - the fabrics you used are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my little order from there today, too! :) How did I miss this post? I love your block. It looks so good! I'm so glad I dove into the BOM pool with you this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog name!!! My older sister used to call me that when I was a kida (but with the original Cult Jam, obvs).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great block! And I LOVE your block! This is one of my favorite Quilted Fish lines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted a link to this blog post on The Quilted Fish's facebook page. She needs to see this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!