Sunday, April 7, 2013

No Ripping!

So proud of myself! I finished my April block for the Sugar Block Club without using my seam ripper! Woot! If you've never paper pieced before, you probably won't understand what a huge deal this is. Paper piecing is done with a stitch length of 1.0 or 1.5. That's so flippin' tiny! If you mess up, it's such a pain to rip out the stitches. If you have paper pieced, I know you get what I'm talking about.

I love this block and would totally do it again! 
Here are the blocks for January through March. 
I've had such a relaxing Sunday. Just sitting here sewing all day, having a cup of coffee...or two....or three, with the rain pouring outside, and listening to the lectures from QuiltCon on Craftsy. This is my kind of weekend! 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect, and your blocks are so colorful and pretty! I love that block too, way easier than the other one! (confession: after the hard time I had ripping out the 1.5 stitch last time, I only set my stitch to 2 instead of 2.5) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for no need for seam-rippers!! I swear, I would need a magnifying glass for stitches that small!!
    Your blocks look great, and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Relay For Life quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a beautiful bock! I have done my fair share of ripping with paper piecing. It is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I love your Sugar Block Club block. I didn't test the printer, so mine is too small. I'm going ot use it to make a sewing machine cover for my new Jemmie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! The block turned out gorgeous and they look bright and cheerful together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!