Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hexie Update

If you've been reading my blog posts recently, you know that I've just started playing around with hexies. 
Oh My Goodness!
I seriously can't believe how addicting these things are!!! I've been taking them to work with me to work on during my lunch break, keeping them downstairs to work on when I'm just hanging out watching TV, relaxing on the deck. I even took them in the car yesterday as we headed to Portland for a concert! 
Not very many of my friends/coworkers have heard of Blind Pilot. They're a Portland band, and they're pretty awesome. They were even on Ellen's birthday celebration because they're one of her favorite bands. To be quite honest, I'm not sure I would've gone if I had known that the Oregon Symphony would be playing without Blind Pilot for a good bit of the show.I thought the entire show was going to be a collaboration of Blind Pilot with the symphony. Of course, when Blind Pilot came on stage, that pretty much made up for the symphony putting me to sleep. 

On the way to the concert, I had them in a nice little container on my lap (I wasn't driving) and there was one point when all the traffic came to a stop because people were too busy watching an accident that was on the other side of the freeway, and all of my hexies went onto the floorboard.  :/ BUT I just scooped those babies right back up and kept on sewing. So portable! 

After we arrived in Portland, we were walking to one of our favorite restaurants and noticed this! 
Hexagons! They're everywhere! I'm sure there were people around wondering why I was taking a pic of the sidewalk. 

So here's the latest progress with my hexies. Yes, I keep them in a sandwich keeper.....for now. I'm sure one of these days I'm going to end up putting my hexies in the fridge at work instead of my sandwich! I'm sure I'll outgrow this container pretty soon, so need to figure out what I'm putting them in next.  I need to find a sturdy little travel container that keeps them a little more organized. If you know of such a little container, please share! 
I seriously can't get enough of this fabric. I think I need to order a little bit of ALL of the patterns I'm missing. Hope I can still find it! I think I'll put this on my hubby's shopping list on Pinterest


4 comments:

  1. I love that you have a shopping list for your hubby on pinterest.. an idea I might have to steal. ha! And your hexies look so yummy in the sandwich container.. so bright and fun, there's just something about seeing them all lined up like that that makes you want to keep making more right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried necked yet. It seems to be addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you've made great progress! I've not really seen the Hideaway line before so I had to google it and see. I adore the little deer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! I still haven't gotten any hexies organized. I sometimes find the projects I want to do most are the ones I can't get started on. Fear? Can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!