Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Story About Cancer and a Quilt

As I was starting my workout on the treadmill today, I saw that Amy at Stitchery Dickory Dock had a new post on her blog, so I linked over to check it out (while continuing to walk, of course!). It wasn't her usual cheerful post about fabric or pillows or quilts, but more of a serious one. Without going into a lot of detail here, as I would rather you read her post, let's just say it's about a special young boy who could use some support from all of us. His name is Uzias.  His Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/HelpForUzias, and his story is sad but hopeful. 

Being a cancer survivor myself, I'm quite hopeful for Uzias. He has so much support from his family and community, but needs so much more than support and prayers. While I don't know Uzias or his family personally, Amy met his mother on the plane, and I'm sharing this with all of you just from reading her very touching story.  If you'd like to know more about Uzias, please go to Amy's blog, where you'll find a link for donating, and Amy has plans to organize a quilt that we can all put together for Uzias.  Stay tuned. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks and I cannot wait to see what Amy has in mind for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hear about the quilt, and I am slow to find out, as in most things..haha..give me a reminder and let me know ok? :) I knew I could count on you! This is a very touching story. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!