Saturday, February 23, 2013

Paper Piecing Procrastination

Why did both Riley Blake & Sugar Block Club decide to have paper piecing for their February blocks??? Blah! I was a bit nervous about trying it out, and so I found other things to work on.....just procrastinating, fearing the unknown. 

First, I procrastinated by starting a quilt for someone.....If you're reading this maybe it's for you. Or maybe it's for me.  Who knows? 
Then I made a bag for Lidia.  Lidia is a friend/coworker who is from El Salvador. When she saw this bag last year, she asked if I would make one for her to send to her mother. Over the last year, she has mentioned on an occasion or two....or more :) that she would love for me to make a bag for her. Of course, I always have a quilt that I'm working on and never got around to making a bag for her.  Her birthday was last week, so I finally got around to it.  


She loved it and said "Those are my colors!"  Not sure if she'll be keeping it or sending it to her mom.  I'll be happy either way.  :) 

I finally got around to the Sugar Block Club paper piecing, and finished it last night. Love it! I might go so far as to say I really enjoyed paper piecing, which is definitely NOT what I said the first day I started it! I probably shouldn't type what I said....it wasn't pretty.  I'll post a pic later today in my next post about my FSNI last night. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Welcome to Friday Night Sew in! I love the colors of that bag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!