Friday, February 8, 2013

Blocks of the Month...Fabric...Modern Quilt Guild

I'm a little behind on my blocks of the month.  I finished my Riley Blake block in January but didn't finish my Sugar Block Club block because I was so busy working on my seester's quilt. I had also been waiting for my Free Spirit fat quarter bundle to arrive. 
In the meantime, I went to my first Corvallis Modern Quilt Guild sew day last month and met a few quilters/sewists, which was really nice.  One of the girls, Dana, has an online fabric shop Winter Creek Cloth right here in Corvallis. Well, I just happen to love fabric and also love to support local businesses. So of course I ran.....yes, ran...home to order some fabric.  Okay, I didn't really run, but I drove at high speed to get home to order some fabric. I browsed, and browsed, and browsed some more, putting stuff in my shopping cart then removing it, then putting it back in. I finally decided on this lovely fabric. 
Rhapsody in Bloom by Maywood Studio

Riley Blake Love Birds -- I got 2 Fat Eighths Bundles! 

Studio e Daisy Daze
Isn't it beautiful? She has quite a selection, and her shipping is only $5!! Yes, even with the recent increase in postal rates. Not sure how long it's going to stay at $5 so maybe you should check it out....now!  

I decided to use the Studio e Daisy Daze with my Free Spirit bundle to make the Sugar Block Club blocks, and here's the January block. 

I cannot wait to see how this quilt turns out! It's gonna be for me, me, me!!!

It's sew day time again! If you live in the area, join us for a day of sewing tomorrow, Saturday 2/9. Stay however long you'd like. Check the Facebook page for information: Corvallis Modern Quilt Guild


4 comments:

  1. So jelly of your fun sew day, LL! :) And why oh why must you tempt me with yet another online fabric shop and all of those yummy pictures?! You're so mean! lol They really are gorgeous, love all of your choices, esp the dots and RB fabric. Oh, and those rainbow-y solids. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thinks for the plug for our Corvallis Modern Quilt Guild! I'm so glad you are part of our growing group. And lovely choices from Winter Creek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - you have added some lovely fabric! I'm really liking polka dots at the moment - love yours! Your Sugar Block is beautiful - nice fussy cutting! I'm excited that you'll be keeping this one for yourself! I am halfway through my Jan Riley Blake BOM - not great when it is such a simple block. Never mind, as long as I'm enjoying it I will continue to plod along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabrics! I've looked at a few online fabric shop, but I get overwhelmed pretty quickly, with so many choices!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!