Saturday, January 19, 2013

Riley Blake Mystery Block of the Month -- Done!

I need another project like a need a hole in my head. I'm knee deep in half-square triangles working on a quilt that needs to be done soon! I had already signed up for the Sugar Block Club, but my fat quarter bundle for that isn't here yet, so I figured I had plenty of time to finish my HST quilt before the bundle arrived.  

But then Kelli and I were emailing back and forth and back and forth and back and forth the other night, and she kinda talked me into doing the Riley Blake Mystery Block of the Month. OK...she didn't really talk me into it, but it didn't take much to reel me into another block of the month. Since it's a Riley Blake project, I didn't want to make it with non-Riley-Blake fabric. What to do, what to do?  I started checking my stash to see if I had any Riley Blake left on my little bolts. I didn't find any there, BUT I did find a stack that had been on my shelf for almost a year! A stack of Sweet Divinity by The Quilted Fish. It's beautiful, and I have 4 different fabrics! This line is no longer available, but hopefully I can find some.  Or I could just do a quilt with 4 prints. 
I just added a little Bella white and made this beautiful little chevron block! 


Looking forward to February's block!  
Stay tuned for my 1-year blogiversary giveaway.....Just 2 more days!

Lisa Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Meu Deus vamos ver o que vem de bonito por aí.Beijo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I really like the chevron look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I didn't know about Riley Blake's BOM, but have now subscribed to their newsletter. I think I might participate (at my leisure!), though I am committed to using what fabrics I have for all my quilts this year. So, mine will probably end up very scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I was on a family vacation when I first saw this mystery block and watched the video one night. I definitely plan to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your block! I like that you used Riley Blake fabrics. I had the same thought that I should use RB fabric, but I had none and so I used some Kaffe Fassett fabric I've been hoarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marie. I was very lucky to have found the RB fabric in my stash because I was NOT going to go out and buy more!! Is yours the really colorful one with blue/green/red combo?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!