Thursday, January 24, 2013

Celebrated Local Quilt Shop Day

Of course, I did my part in celebrating Local Quilt Shop Day! On my way home from work, I stopped in real quick to make my purchase.....because it just had to be done. I love supporting my local quilt shop!! I stopped in at Quiltwork Patches and picked up some fabric that I'll use for the Relay For Life quilt that I'll be starting soon. I'm using the What Cancer Cannot Do fabric panels that I posted about recently. Today, I bought some Prospect Park by Kitty Yoshida for Benartex in purple/lavender, which I think will be perfect because I wanted to be able to represent ALL cancers. This fabric is BEAUTIFUL! 

And while I'm not giving this fabric away, I AM giving away some other fabric. Check out my Anniversary Giveaway.  

If you're not doing anything fun tomorrow night, and are just hanging out at home sewing, link up with Handmade by Heidi for her Friday Night Sew In. 

Oh, and I also decided to link up with Karen at Sew Many Ways for her Find a Friend Friday. There's nothing required....no projects to sew, cookies to bake, etc. Just link up your blog to meet other bloggers or just make new friends. 

Later,
Lisa Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I am working on a breast cancer quilt for a fundraiser. I am excited about it. So far the quilt top is mostly done....its not as big as I would like, but I like it. So it would have to be a lap quilt or a wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the purple will be great! I have a purple survivor shirt from the one I attended one year. :) You're so awesome with all the support you give! Thanks for mentioning the link, too..I linked up with you. :) One more day to your crazy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. I found you through your comment to my blog - so I guess I am one of the "Friday Friends"? :-) Love the fabric! Such great colors....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!