Thursday, January 31, 2013

20 Minutes of Sewing



Here I go again...

I wasn't going to sign up for anything else (I think I said this exact same phrase in a different post within the last week), but Beth @ Quilting Hottie Haven is hosting a Drop and Give Me Twenty, as a way to encourage all of us to make a commitment to sew at least 20 minutes every single day for the month of February, and try to finish some of these unfinished projects we have stuffed away. 

Since I have a few things to finish....and a few things to start, I hereby declare that I intend to spend at least 20 minutes sewing, cutting, ironing, binding, etc. every day in February.  I hope that most of this time is spent sewing, but I'll be without my sewing machine for a few days while it's out having a much needed tune-up. 

If you'd like to join in, check it out! Lots of great prizes! 

Quilting Hottie Haven

8 comments:

  1. Go Lisa Go. :) Does emailing each other for 20 minutes a day about quilting/sewing/binding, etc. count? :) I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh alright! I wouldn't make time to sew as much without things like this (sooo glad I don't actually have to do push ups!). I'll be ignoring some household chores during February. If everyone keeps their eyes up I won't have to do the floors...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a GREAT idea and something that I've been doing since the beginning of the year. It is AMAZING how quickly you start looking at the end of a project. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the equivalent of that old time management trick: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!

    I'd like to do this, too...but I'm currently suffering through a week where I haven't been home long enough to do anything since Tuesday night, and won't be home to do anything until Sunday. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only do I get motivated to do some regular quilting, but I get to meet some wonderful new quilty friends in the process. I am looking forward to seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOod luck! I wonder if spending time in quilt shops counts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think fabric research should definitely count as well !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!