Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Surprise!

You may recall that in a previous post (seems like such a long time ago!) I mentioned that I was working on a surprise. Well, I finally finished it and mailed it to that special person just in time for Thanksgiving.He has so much to be thankful for. For those of you who follow my personal Facebook page, you've already seen the surprise, and the recipient all wrapped up in that surprise.

The recipient is Peter (aka Pete). If you've been following my blog, you have already seen the Music Quilt that I made for a fundraiser to help cover his medical expenses. He has completed his radiation and chemotherapy, and now just needs to focus on recovery, and this quilt will hopefully help :) He is making good progress, and we are all thankful for that.

I can't seem to get enough of this fabric - Lost & Found by Jen Allyson for My Mind's Eye (Riley Blake) It's perfect for everything! 


Check out that crazy backing! I thought it was going to cause me to have a seizure! 



I do believe this is the first label I've ever done. I just couldn't send this without adding a label. 

This is Pete all wrapped up in the love of this quilt which my hubby Eric helped me design using scraps from many of the same fabrics that were used in the fundraiser quilt as well as some other music-related fabrics that I was able to find at my LQS. 

I've given away almost every quilt that I've made, and I have to say this one was the most difficult to let go. I don't know if it was because of the design or the fabrics, or the emotional attachment to it. I know that it will get a lot of use by Pete, his fiancee Yvonne, and their pets. I hope it provides them comfort for many years to come. 

Wow. That was a serious post, wasn't it? I didn't add anything funny at all. So here's a little funny that Windham Fabrics posted on Facebook. I think it's hilarious, especially the saying on the left (I took over my son's room after he moved out).  


3 comments:

  1. Hi! (hand waving) I love love LOVE it! And love the survivor pic especially! :) So cool. What a great gift and encouragement to him. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, memorable quilt. And Pete looks SO appreciative. :)

    You're inspiring me to start another quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stripey fabrics used that way for a binding. It's one of my favorite looks! It is so beautiful and I hope Peter's recovery continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!