Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween Dresden Table Runner

After our recent trip to California, I decided I wanted to come home and make a little something for our house.....a little something Halloweeny (or is that Halloweenie?) So I decided to throw together a little runner for the table in our entry way using my EZ Dresden ruler. If you haven't tried one of these little babies out, you really should! The link above is to a video tutorial on the Missouri Star Quilt Company's website that shows how to use the ruler. I LUV MSQC's videos!!! You can find them on their website or YouTube.  There's even an app!!! Oh, and they even have a Daily Deal where you can get some awesome deals on some pretty awesome stuff! Wait a minute.....Wasn't I talking about Dresdens???

That was quite a little advertisement for Missouri Star Quilt Company, wasn't it? No, I was not paid for that advertisement....that's just how much I love them. 


Anyway.....I just lined up enough of them until it was the length I wanted, sandwiched it, put on a binding, and voila!  So easy! 


I went a little nuts and started chain piecing and ironing some more to make into a Dresden plate wall hanging.




But then I started on something else, something more important, something that's a surprise! More on that later....hopefully not too much later, though :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your table runner Lisa Lisa! :) That looks like a nifty little tool, and I'm pretty sure I won one last year in a giveaway.. and for the life of me I haven't been able to find it!! Thanks for posting about the videos, I'll have to check them out if I ever do. ;) Hope you had a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE tablerunner! I love those prints!!

    I think you're making a tie for Eric. ;)
    (those pieces DO look a little tie-like, don't they?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I saw that tool on Alex Anderson's show like a million years ago. Very cute use for it. Don't you love giving free marketing for products? Maybe someday they'll find you and thank you, but even if not, it's all good karma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea - love it! And fast too - even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!