Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Relay For Life Quilt - 2012

Relay For Life has come and gone again.  This year marks a major milestone - On August 14th, I will celebrate 5 years of being cancer-free!  Woot! Last year, I made a quilt for the silent auction, and this year I made one to raffle.  The raffle is definitely the way to go to bring in the $$$! I made a Jelly Roll Race Quilt with a Spin Jelly Roll by Whistler Studios for Windham Fabrics.  This jelly roll is absolutely beautiful!! I even have an extra one to make something for myself :) I used Daisy Sprinkles by Michael Miller for the back, and Tree Huggers Tonal Dotty Yellow by Studio e for the binding.  I struggled with which color thread to use, and finally decided to use a rainbow colored thread - PERFECT!!







I absolutely LOVE how crinkly it turned out once I washed and dried it! 



When it was time to draw the name of the winner of the quilt on Saturday morning, we decided it would be best if someone outside of our group picked the winning raffle ticket.  It just so happened that the social worker that counseled me and Eric after my cancer diagnosis was set up in the tent next to us (she's now the director of the local cancer resource center), so we had her pick the winning ticket. And guess what!!!  The winner was one of my friends in my "Girls Night Out" group! I was so excited that someone I knew was going to receive this quilt. So happy for her!




5 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful quilt. I would have been very happy to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh! It's GORGEOUS!!! I wish I had bought a ticket or two!!!! Dang...You may have had to ship it to me up here in WA! haha. Lucky winner indeed! I LOVE how crinkily it turned out too!!! Glad to hear you are doing well.. I think your as busy as me!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it IS gorgeous!! And I'm with Christine: LOVE the crinkley look!!! What a fabulous prize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing post :)
    I really love it!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your upcoming milestone! It must feel good being able to contribute a beautiful quilt to a worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!