Monday, May 28, 2012

Comic Book Store

I recently took a trip to the comic book store. First time ever. I walked in the front door, and two dogs greeted me, one of which looked a little scary, and I think he sensed that I was a little dog person (yes, I'm little, but I'm talking about little dogs). I just kept walking....where I could...because the place was wall-to-wall stuff. I walked up to the counter and asked the young girl where I would find comic book boards. The manager/owner told her where to find them, and she brought back a box of 100, which was perfect. I told the owner that I was using them to organize my fabric. He nodded his head and said I wasn't the first and that he gets a lot of that. I got home, found one of the many tutorials  out in blog land (I used the one from that girl...that quilt) and started wrapping fabric around these babies. It was so addicting...I couldn't stop! I thought I would maybe use about half of them. Ha ha ha ha!!! I have just a few left. Here are some before and after shots. I didn't get all of my fabric consolidated to one cabinet, but I did fit most of it there and then had room for stuff on my other shelves, including smaller odd-sized fabric pieces. 

BEFORE



AFTER

See that stack on the bottom right? That's a beautifully wrapped bundle of Hideaway that I purchased from The Quilted B. She always wraps her fabric so nice and neat with a handwritten note attached. So sad that she's closing her business.  :(  Just can't bring myself to unwrap it. Hope I'll be able to someday because I'd really like to make a quilt with it.  It's gorgeous! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks so beautiful and organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job! I use the Comic Book boards too! I love them. You'll love that you can see all your fabrics. I cut some of mine in half for the fat quarters and used the MINI storage boxes from CLoset to organize mine on the shelf...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!