Sunday, March 25, 2012

Timber and Guitars

I've been admiring Jessica Levitt's Timber from Windham Fabrics for a long time.  While I was shopping at my local quilt shop last weekend for some baby quilt fabric (which I never even got around to buying), I found some of the Timber fabric at 40% off!!! Score!! Isn't it just beautiful? Love, love, love this fabric! I wish I would've gotten a little of every pattern, but there was a minimum 1-yard cut for each piece, and I already had a basket filling up, so I resisted....till next time....if there's still some available.  :)
And then I noticed that they had some of the guitar fabric that I had bought a fat quarter of a while back (to make a quilt for my hubby some day) on sale, so I asked for the rest of the bolt (which ended up being about 2-1/2 yards). Then I added some orange fabric to match. Orange is popular in this house...mostly for my hubby....because we live in Corvallis, Oregon, home of the Oregon State Beavers (orange and black)! Plus he and I each had "orange" bedrooms when we were teenagers.  Crazy coincidence? Wow. I just went way off course there.  Anyway, here's a look at those fabrics. Eric is really interested in the design of his quilt. One of the first quilting books that he found and insisted on buying when I first started quilting was for a Mariner's Compass.  Ha ha ha! Not sure I'll ever be able to make that, but I think he might actually attempt it one of these days :) I found some other "acoustic" guitar fabric online that I need to order to go with these fabrics. Not having much luck finding that here in town. 


1 comment:

  1. Love the Fabrics! How cool that DH will maybe make a quilt of his own! My Nephew has Orange in his room too :) Good TImes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!