Monday, March 5, 2012

Goodbye, my friend

OK, I realize the post title sounds a bit "final," but my good friend at work has left to pursue bigger and better things. I'm really happy for her, but things have been different without her around the office. We used to text each other before work sometimes to see if the other wanted coffee from Starbucks, or a few times she would just show up with a latte just because. She was more than just a co-worker. 

She sent me a text one day of an item that she wanted me to make for her - a crochet hook organizer. I had never made anything like this before so did my research and found a couple of tutorials on Little Birdie Secrets and Keepsake Crafts and did a combination of the two. It was actually quite fun to make and only took about an hour or so.  It certainly wasn't perfect, but she loved it. I've made a few mental notes on things I would do differently and will definitely try again. Karen - You'll get the perfected version when I finally get it right :) But for now, let's just get together for coffee. 



3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and I love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa! You have made me cry :) I love the crochet hook hook organizer and more importantly I value the friendship we developed while working together.
    And this isn't a goodbye at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your friend! It's hard losing a buddy at work. What a nice gift to give her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!