Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In Success

Just finished binding my projects from last night's Friday Night Sew-In. Normally, I'm so flippin' tired by Friday night that I don't even want to think about doing anything, and usually just hang out on the couch and watch TV. But last night was different. I was looking forward to joining in on my first FNSI. After work yesterday, I ran by Joann's Crafts on the way home (just in case I changed my mind about the project I wanted to work on), picked up a pizza and a bottle of wine (not at JoAnn's!), stopped by Creative Crafts to pick up a pattern that they were holding for me (will hopefully make this cute little item in the next week or so!), came home and played with Giacomo the Schnoodle, had a cup of coffee, ate dinner, got my comfy clothes on, poured a glass of wine, and headed upstairs. Whew! I listened to junk TV for awhile, until my hubby came upstairs and saved me by playing guitar and singing for me in the next room.  <3  

The project I had planned was a wall hanging for my new office. Well, actually 2-3 wall hangings. I had a 3-picture panel of Java by Deb Strain for Moda. Anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE COFFEE! I bought this a couple of years ago and thought I wanted to do something with it for my kitchen/dining room but just never got around to it. 
I recently moved into a new office at work, and the walls are bare. There were two screws on the wall that held a picture frame for the previous person who occupied that office. So I thought this would be the perfect place to hang Java because of the dark browns (same color as my desk). I decided to cut the panel into 3 separate pieces and add some borders with the matching fat quarters that I bought at the same time. I got two of them done, except for finishing off the binding, so I finished that today. I think the third one will go in the kitchen! 

5 comments:

  1. What a great project! I love how they turned out...I am happy to hear your first fnsi was a success. Look forward to sewing with you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Now your office will have some homey decor. I am glad you enjoyed your first FNSI-isn't it a great concept?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a success, then! Cute panels.
    How nice that you had your own "in-home" entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great going for your first sew in last Friday. Isn't it fun to think of sewing on projects and accomplishing something knowing other people may be doing just the same thing! Love the coffee themed wall hangings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!