Monday, March 26, 2012

Dresden Plate Disaster......

I've been admiring the Dresden Plate design for a long time, but had pretty much come to the decision that I wasn't going to use my little template that I had because I was going to get the Accuquilt Go! Dresden Plate die!!! Well, that's on hold for awhile until I can find it in one of the stores around here.  Anyway....I decided to try out my template last week, and it was a disaster! I was so excited because it was looking SO good as I was sewing along and I couldn't wait to finish it! Imagine the look on my face, and the tears :( (well, not really...but close) when it looked like I had one too many blades.  
See how it kinda bubbles up in the middle? Well, I just assumed that it had too many blades, but I was wrong!!!  Just as I was writing my post, I decided to look at my picture one more time just to see if anything was obvious.  I couldn't believe it! I jumped off of the couch and said "Oh my goodness! My Dresden Plate only has 15 blades! It was supposed to have 16!" And I was thinking I had too many blades! Ha ha ha!  So I went upstairs and looked through my scrap basket and guess what was right on top of the pile.  Yep....the 16th blade.  I took the plate apart, inserted #16, and voila! Check out my new Dresden Plate....not a disaster at all.  Now I just need to add a bright green circle and maybe sew it onto a green or orange background.  

5 comments:

  1. Looking awesome ..glad u figured it out. Gonna have to look into that template.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Such a pretty fabric~ glad you took that breath and figured out the problem~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful now! That had to be so frustrating at first, glad you figured it out and I'm sure you'll be making more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing Lisa. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!