Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Accuquilt Rocks!!



I had been eyeing the Accuquilt in every issue of Fons & Porter Love of Quilting that I received in the mail, but just didn't know enough about it. Then I received some $$$ for Christmas (actually before Christmas) so decided to buy it for myself!  :)  I immediately took it out of the box and cut some squares with the die that was included.  OMG! It was SO easy to use and so much fun! I was anxious to buy more dies but wasn't sure what to do with each of them so I started watching all the YouTube videos and other videos included on the Accuquilt website (I'm sure I spent HOURS doing this!), and made a list of other dies that i wanted for Christmas. My sweet husband bought me the 2-1/2" strip die. Oh, the things I could do with this!!! I came across Marjorie Busby's Go! Bias Binding video and had to try it!! I've never used a bias binding before, so I had some trouble piecing all of the angles, but cutting them was SO easy!!! I think I'll just need to practice some more with the piecing. I'll post pics of the bias binding when I finish my current project.  
The packaging: I want to make this quilt!! The 6-1/2" Tumbler die was backordered, but I just ordered it today. Maybe this will be my next quilt???

1 comment:

  1. Too cool Lisa. Excited for you. You SEW Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!