Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Very First Quilt

This rag quilt was my very first quilting project in 2009.  I found the pattern in a TODAY'S CREATIVE homearts magazine (no longer in publication). It was a pattern by Marie Osmond. I didn't follow it exactly, and made a few mistakes, but it has turned out to be a comfy, sittin' on the couch quilt, and my Schnoodle loves it!! I was inspired by the story that was written in the magazine about how Marie Osmond and her mother quilted together. My own mom was a seamstress when I was growing up, and I had no desire to sew at that time. Now I sew but she doesn't.  Hmmmm.....I wonder if I could get her to quilt with me someday when she's out to visit.  I would love that!







1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!