Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Quilt for Sam

I had such a great time sewing this quilt. I used a simple H-Block design from Even More Quilts for Baby by Ursula Reikes  All of the quilts in this book are 3x3. I had promised my son that he would get my first "real" quilt. When my husband heard that the quilt was only 3x3, he wondered what my 6-foot tall son would do with such a tiny quilt. I didn't have an answer.  So.....since my husband is better at math than I am, he enlarged the quilt to be big enough for an extra layer on his bed. I don't recall the exact size, but it worked and he loved it. This quilt looked great in his room with red walls and black ceiling (you know....the room that is now my quilting room)  :)

Stack of Blocks
I chose the red and black to match his room. The backing fabric is white musical notes on a black background because he's a musician.

Here's my Schnoodle - Giacomo - that I promised would be in some of my pictures
The Finished Quilt
I'm so glad that I chose to stitch in the ditch. I stitched out of the ditch in quite a few places, but I  don't think they're very noticeable. 


1 comment:

  1. That looks like exactly the kind of quilt that Sam would appreciate. :)

    When I was about 20, I made a quilt--just a simple little thing. Kate still has it, although I think she's has to mend it a few times...it's kinda well-loved. ;)
    For years, it was the "sick" quilt--if you were at home sick, you huddled up on the couch with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!