Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pillows

After recovering from my cancer treatment, I wanted to somehow give back. So I contacted a wonderful nurse (Janice K.) at the hospital who said that she could definitely use my help with making pillows for the Pink Bag Project, which provides useful items for post-mastectomy breast cancer patients. She provided me with all of the fabric, and I started sewing.  After that first batch of fabric was sewn into lots of pillows, I started buying all kinds of pink fabric and kept sewing.  I haven't been so great about it lately and really should get some more of these sewn up because they will always be needed. I have everything I need to get some put together....because I always have fabric and Polyfil.....always.  

2 comments:

  1. What do they do with the pillows, Lisa? Is it a comfort thing, or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillows are used as support around the surgical site, and I'm sure for comfort as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Lisa Lisa and the Quilt Jam! I love to receive comments, and read each and every one of them!